When it comes to defining the essence of a “healthy leader”, one could list thousands of qualities. Indeed, this subject is as deep as it is wide. Sometimes, though, it’s nice to find a group of characteristics to strive for in the process of becoming a healthy leader.
Dr. Joseph Hill, founder of Live Lead Serve, has gathered 10 characteristics he believes every healthy leader possesses and I wanted to share them with you:
10 Characteristics of Healthy Leaders
- Healthy Leaders Are Spiritually And Emotionally Whole
- Healthy Leaders Are Dedicated To The Health of Others
- Healthy Leaders Represent The Character and Mission of Their Organization, But Are Also Capable Of Objectivity
- Healthy Leaders Understand The Organization As A Social System
- Healthy Leaders Provide A Calming Presence And Emotionally Well-Differentiated Leadership
- Healthy Leaders Plan
- Healthy Leaders Embrace The Wisdom of Deliberation
- Healthy Leaders Are Never Too Old To Learn
- Healthy Leaders Know What To Pay Attention To
- Healthy Leaders Enlist Followers In Change
**Visit Live Lead Serve to read more about each characteristic.
Leading well is a remarkable challenge for every single person. Knowing what it looks like to lead well is a step in the right direction of growth and progress.
Now it’s time for you to take action.
Three Questions to Ask Yourself
- What is the next area of growth for you as leader?
- What needs to be removed from your life to help you grow?
- What needs to be added?